Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Small Groups and Morale!


Can you believe spring break is almost here? I am super excited and I am getting spring fever...actually I have SUMMER fever. I l-o-v-e- my job so much but I am ready to lay out, get pedicures, and be with my own kiddos all summer and head to Disney World, the most magical place! For now, I guess I will keep studying this sweet little book....getting for the National Counselor Exam (any tips, pointers are greatly appreciated). On the positive side, I always make sure to have some Starbucks when studying! : )


I have been pretty stinkin' busy lately as the year winds down as we get ready to prep for the end of the school year. I had a blast getting 3 year plans done with our 5th graders and middle school class choice sheets are done!!! I know it will get even crazier so yesterday I sat down and planned out the rest of my small groups for the year. I usually do about 5 sessions per group,  more depending on the group. Y'all, it was so nice prepping all my groups and sitting down and thinking about specific activities. I felt like a teacher again getting everything ready in my lil' file folders.

So what I did, as simple as it is, is got a folder for each group with their group name and on the inside I just wrote out the five session activities/topics and made all of the copies and put them inside along with the books and any other necessary supplies. I have a little art station so I did not put those items in if they were needed for a craftivity. I know what you may be thinking right now....putting things you need in a folder ahead of time...DUH!

I know, I know.....it's the simplest of simple but I never thought about doing this with my groups. I do this with guidance but it was so easy yesterday to just grab my folder when my group came in and go!!!


Before, I go I want to share something that my campus did this year that I absolutely love. We have a wall in the office that staff members write positive words on to boost morale. I won't even lie, it makes you feel good to see your name up and that someone thinks you're doing a good job. I can't take credit for this idea but I wanted to share because I have seen the smiles on people's faces when they spot their name. Melts my heart to see someone happy that may feel under appreciated.







I hope you all have a fabulous week! I will start planning my career day and hope to post a little look at what I will be doing. What do you do for Career Education for your kiddos??

No comments:

Post a Comment